Kitchen chimney has taken the place of exhaust fans in Indian kitchens in the age of modern appliances. While the exhaust fans can only draw out the smoke from the kitchen, the chimneys have the ability to keep the kitchen clean from impurities like carbon and food particles, oil droplets, heavy gaseous particles, etc. as well as keep the kitchen ventilated. let’s find out the best kitchen chimney in India with a complete analysis.
As the Indian recipes have a considerable amount of oil and spices, it causes the oil to splutter. The oil fumes settling on the walls damages them over time. The oil can also burn your skin.
If that is not enough, the LPG burnt causes the fumes to have carbon monoxide produced causing health problems like irritation in the eyes, breathing difficulty, nausea, and coughing.
So, it is inevitable to find the best kitchen chimneys for the home that eliminates all these issues! Buying the best kitchen chimney is although a difficult task but, selecting the perfect one is an essential thing. So, this kitchen chimney buying guide in India would surely help you to get the perfect match for your kitchen!
However, with the wide variety of kitchen chimneys and various kitchen chimney brands that compete by offering maximum features at a feasible rate, it is confusing to decide the best kitchen chimney in India for homes.
Look no further as the post is all about the best kitchen chimney in India that you can have for a clean kitchen.
Elica WD HAC TOUCH BF 60 Auto Clean Chimney
- Design is good
- With built-in Oil Collector
- Low noise
- 3 setting modes
- Energy-efficient LED lamps
- Airflow powerful enough to clean the kitchen fast and thoroughly
Best Kitchen Chimneys
Check Price on Amazon
Table of Contents
- Why is Kitchen Chimney Required?
- 10 Best Kitchen Chimney In India
- 1. Elica 60 cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney WD HAC TOUCH BF 60
- 2. Hindware 60cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney (Nevio 60, 1 Baffle Filter, Steel/Grey)
- 3. Glen Kitchen Chimney 6071 EX Touch Sensor Black 60cm, Airflow 1000 m3/h
- 4. Sunflame 60cm 1100 m3/hr Ductless Chimney (Innova60AC, 2 Baffle+Charcoal Filters)
- 5. Seavy 60cm 1100 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney (Prime SS 60, 1 Fixed Filter with SS Oil Cup, Steel/Grey)
- 6. Prestige 60cm 1000 m3/hr600CB-Plus Chimney
- 7. Pigeon 60cm 1100 m3/hr Chimney (Serene Plus 60, 1 Baffle Filter, Touch Control, Steel/Grey)
- 8. Faber 60cm 1295 m3/hr Chimney (HOOD TENDER 3D Max, 2 Triple Layer Baffle Filters, Steel/Grey)
- 9. Prestige Auto Clean AKH 900 CN Kitchen Chimney
- 10. KAFF 60 cm 1000 m3/h Chimney (ACE BF 60, Black)
- Best Kitchen Chimney Buying Guide For 2021
- Best Kitchen Chimney Brand in India
- Miscellaneous features in the chimney
Why is Kitchen Chimney Required?
- Keep the kitchen and appliances clean
- Reduced indoor pollution
- Clean walls
- Healthy & fresh air
- No bad odor
- Aesthetic appeal
- Proper ventilation
10 Best Kitchen Chimney In India
1. Elica 60 cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney WD HAC TOUCH BF 60
It is not an exaggeration to say that the 60 cm 1200 m3/hr Elica Auto Clean Chimney is the Best Kitchen Chimney in India!
With its high suction power ability of 1200 m3/hr, the chimney is perfect for Indian cooking that includes deep frying or spicy food preparation.
- Looks good
- Energy efficient
- High suction power
- Auto Clean
- The vent cap is not available
- Not a preferable choice for a bigger kitchen
2. Hindware 60cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney (Nevio 60, 1 Baffle Filter, Steel/Grey)
The Hindware Nevio 60 Auto Clean chimney has the decor that compliments your kitchen design. With the dual auto cleaning and baffle filters, this chimney gains the position among the top 10 kitchen chimney in India.
Cook food in a smoke-free and healthy atmosphere of your kitchen with the Hindware chimney having high suction power and oil collector. Also, the hob is rust free and the maximum noise level is 58db.
As an Indian company, it produces appliances suitable for the Indian lifestyle, and the Hindware 60cm 1200 m3/hr auto clean chimney is no exception with its features like wall mount type and stylish looks. Hindware, the best kitchen chimney brand in India, offers the Nevio 60 model that is successful in maintaining the company’s standard!
- High suction power
- Electricity saver
- Double Auto Cleaning
- Touch panel for good looks
- Oil collected & LED lamps
- Pipes provided with the chimney requires constant replacement
- Cases of customer service complaints
- Separate installation charges
- Bit noisy
3. Glen Kitchen Chimney 6071 EX Touch Sensor Black 60cm, Airflow 1000 m3/h
You can’t go wrong with any product from Glen, one of the largest providers of kitchen appliances in India. The glen kitchen chimney is one of our top favorites owing to its features like durability, safety, and decor. Glen offers the best kitchen chimney models from among those available in the market.
There is no doubt in the performance of this Glen model with a Copper Italian motor and thermal overload protector on the top. Also, the stainless steel baffle filters offer dynamic airflow and high efficiency.
Push-button control helps you choose between the three speeds. An important thing to note here additionally is that Glen offers a 1-year comprehensive and 7-year motor warranty.
- The curved toughened glass body
- Easy installation as it is ductless
- High-quality carbon filters
- Stainless steel baffle filter
- Three convenient speeds button
- No pipe
- Low suction power comparatively
- Normal lamps instead of the CFL or LED
4. Sunflame 60cm 1100 m3/hr Ductless Chimney (Innova60AC, 2 Baffle+Charcoal Filters)
Sunflame offers durable chimneys rich in features. The Innova60AC Sunflame ductless chimney is no different. It boasts excellent performance with baffle filters and charcoal filters. The chimney’s size of 60 cm is perfect for a 2 to 4 burner stove making the atmosphere of your kitchen healthy!
This Sunflame Kitchen Chimney offers a metallic finish hood for durability and good looks! It offers suction power of 1100 m3/hr and 2 years warranty.
- Baffle filters
- Touch control
- Easy to clean
- Bit noisy
- Installation can be frustrating
5. Seavy 60cm 1100 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney (Prime SS 60, 1 Fixed Filter with SS Oil Cup, Steel/Grey)
Seavy focus on designing kitchen equipment that excels not only in design but also performance. This Seavy Auto Clean chimney is of wall mount type with a suction capacity of 1100 m3/hr.
The appliance comes with aluminum duct pipe, PVC cowl, tape, and U clamps for hassle-free installation. The Seavy chimney is also equipped with energy-efficient 2 LED lights.
This Seavy Auto Clean chimney offers advanced heat auto clean technology to remove impurities at a single touch. One can operate the chimney with soft-touch control.
Moreover, the stainless steel kitchen chimney with its sleek design will only add to the beauty of your kitchen that suits any modern house!
- Attractive design
- Sealed motor to avoid dust
- Auto clean technology
- Stainless steel oil collector cup
- Noise level – 58 dB
6. Prestige 60cm 1000 m3/hr600CB-Plus Chimney
The Prestige is one of the best kitchen chimney brands in India offering products with the best efficiency! The Prestige chimney 60 cm 1000 m3/hr auto clean 600CB-Plus is also one of their best appliances available in black and steel color and wall-mounted type.
Suitable for stoves with 2-4 burners, this Prestige chimney comes with two baffle filters making it suitable for the Indian kitchens that generally host the recipes with more oil and spices in them!
Not only in functionality but the kitchen chimney would not disappoint you when it comes to enhancing your kitchen decor. It gives a modern touch to the decor with its perfect design.
- 2 Baffle Filters
- Auto Clean function
- Touch control panel
- Heat resistant tempered glass
- Comparatively low suction power
7. Pigeon 60cm 1100 m3/hr Chimney (Serene Plus 60, 1 Baffle Filter, Touch Control, Steel/Grey)
The Pigeon 60 cm Serene Plus 60 kitchen chimney with the suction power of 1100 m3/hr and a baffle filter is a perfect choice for any Indian modern kitchen. The appliance will improve the looks of your kitchen with its curved glass and impressive colors like steel or grey.
The chimney is of wall-mounted type and suitable for 2-4 burner stoves. With a baffle filter in the chimney, you can be carefree about its extensive use keeping in mind the Indian kitchens and their recipes. However, you’ll be needing to clean them every 6 months.
The Serene Plus 60 model’s control type from pigeon chimney is Touch Control with the max noise level of 56 decibels. The company offers a 1-year warranty on the product and 7 years on motor.
- Baffle filters
- Impressive suction capacity
- Some cases for bad customer service noted
8. Faber 60cm 1295 m3/hr Chimney (HOOD TENDER 3D Max, 2 Triple Layer Baffle Filters, Steel/Grey)
The Faber Hood Tender 3D Max chimney is 60 cm and thus suitable for a kitchen with a stove having 2 to 4 burners. With an impressive suction capacity of 1295 m3/hr, this Faber chimney works efficiently for Indian kitchens.
Additionally, the two triple layer baffle filters make it one of the top 10 kitchen chimneys for Indian kitchens. However, these filters require cleaning every 6 months.
However, with the advantages, there comes the drawback of the noise level. It can be irritating to cook in a noisy environment.
This Faber Chimney comes with 12 Year Warranty on the Motor & Rotor, along with a 1-year comprehensive warranty.
- 3-way suction chimney
- Installation can be tricky
- A bit noisy
9. Prestige Auto Clean AKH 900 CN Kitchen Chimney
The brand Prestige needs no introduction in the Indian market for kitchen appliances! And this Prestige kitchen chimney is up to the mark that helps maintain the title of the best kitchen chimney brand for Prestige!
The coming of age Prestige AKH 900 CN kitchen chimney has an efficient suction power of 1100 m3/hr. The features like conical stainless steel filter and centrally located oil collector contribute to easy maintenance of the appliance in addition to its characteristic of auto cleaning.
Being a conical filter chimney, it does not clog and effectively exhausts smoke, oil vapors, moisture, and odor, unlike mesh filters chimney.
The Prestige AKH 900 CN kitchen chimney of countertop type poses feather touch controls and 2 LED lamps. Additionally, it complements the decor of your kitchen with its elegant design and makes minimum noise.
- 3-way suction chimney
- Installation can be tricky
- A bit noisy
10. KAFF 60 cm 1000 m3/h Chimney (ACE BF 60, Black)
Enjoy fresh kitchen place all the time with wall mounted KAFF ACE BF 60 kitchen chimney.
The KAFF kitchen chimney is available in 60 cm size, making it suitable for stoves with 2-3 burners. It has a suction power of 1000 m3/hr which is enough for the size of the kitchen equal to or greater than 50 m3.
As this chimney is tailor-designed for the modern kitchen, the features like LED lights, low noise, and looks enhances the look and feel of your kitchen.
However, as the chimney uses a cassette filter, you need to maintain it by frequently cleaning but on the other hand, the performance is pretty good.
- Frosted LED lights
- Tempered Curved Glass
- Aluminum duct baffle filter
- Soft Push Button
- Cassette filters demand frequent cleaning
Best Kitchen Chimney Buying Guide For 2021
It is not enough to know the top 10 best kitchen chimney brands in India or the top 10 kitchen chimney. There are other factors too which you need to consider before making a purchase. Here’s a detailed guide about everything you need to know before buying the best kitchen chimney.
Kitchen Size: You would surely not want a grand kitchen chimney bought only to find that it won’t fit in your kitchen! Select the size of the chimney as per the size of the kitchen. Do not get distracted by the latest designs and instead chose one suitable for your kitchen and the cooking style. Select the place of installation first and only after that go for selecting the model.
Kitchen Chimney Types:
1. Wall-mounted Chimneys
This type of kitchen chimney is the most popular in India with traditional kitchens where the stove is placed near the wall. The chimney is installed against the wall and the hob is located adjacent to the wall. It has an exposed vent shaft to throw the gas outside. Available in attractive designs and decor, wall-mounted chimneys are customers’ favorite!
2. Island Chimneys
The island chimneys are best suitable for the kitchen with a stove placed in the center. The chimney is placed hanging to the ceiling above the stove. This western style chimney is generally not found in the Indian kitchens but if you have one, the island chimney is for you!
3. Built-in Chimneys
Blended with the kitchen decor and furniture, this type of chimney is a space saver and most stylish in appearance.
4. Corner Chimneys
Placed in the corner area of the kitchen above the stove against the wall, this type of chimneys is given the least preference in the Indian kitchens.
It is a rule that a 60 cm kitchen chimney works well with a 2-4 burner stove and a 90cm kitchen chimney works well with a 3-5 burner stove. Install the chimney at a distance of 65-80 cms between your cooktop and chimney. In no way, it should be less than 65 cms.
|Number of Burners||Width of the Chimney|
|2 to 4||60 cm|
|3 to 5||90 cm|
For higher efficiency, choose a kitchen chimney that is the same or larger than the stove or hob size. It shouldn’t be smaller than the stove.
Also, the distance between the stove and chimney should be a minimum of 26” and a maximum of 30” no matter what, or else the kitchen chimney may catch fire!
Kitchen Chimney Filter Type:
The main component of any chimney is the filter. It is responsible for air purification by filtering the oil and dust particles, and preventing odor. There are three types of filter:
|Mesh filter||Baffle filter||Charcoal filter|
|Construction||Made up of multiple layers of aluminum mesh||Made up of multiple stainless steel curved panel||Made up of charcoal slate with holes inside it|
|Working||Aluminum mesh captures grease and oil particles||Curves in stainless steel panel capture oil and grease particles||Holes in between charcoal slate capture oil and smoke particles|
Once in a week
Once in a 3 to 4 weeks
|Filter Durability||Moderate||More||Very less, Have to replace the filter in 3 to 4 months|
Suction Power The kitchen chimneys work on the principle of suction. The appliance’s effectiveness is decided based on the suction power. You need to know the concept of suction power and its requirement based on the kitchen’s size. The top kitchen chimney brands provide high suction power suitable for all types of cooking. The suction power of the chimney must be ten times higher than your kitchen’s volume. For example, if your kitchen is 48 cubic meters, which is the average kitchen size, you need a chimney with 480 cubic meters of suction power. The standard suction power of chimneys in India ranges from 400 cubic meters per hour to 1250 cubic meters per hour. While buying a kitchen chimney, one must buy a chimney with higher suction power, that is usually the case with chimneys with a long hose.
Venting Options There are three options:
- Vented/Ducted – Funnels the dirty air through a duct wall or roof throwing it out of the home.
- Non vented – It pulls the dirty air using a charcoal filter and exhausts the clean air back into the room. It’s a good practice to replace the charcoal filter regularly for efficiency.
- Convertible – It has both the above options
Number of blowers and their types:
Blowers follow the motors to throw out the unwanted dirt particles. They are required when you follow intense recipes that include deep frying. There are three types of blowers:
- Internal – The blower motor is inside the hood, making the chimney noisier but offers impressive performance.
- External – The blower motor is outside the kitchen or home reducing the noise problem but requires intricate installation. As far as the performance is concerned, it is the same or better than the internal blowers owing to its ability to offer higher CFM’s
- Inline – The inline blower could be added to the main blowers for strengthened power. It sits in the duct runs either between the ceiling joist, floor joist, or in the attic.
A chimney with at least two fan speed is recommended, i.e., high and low. The high speed while cooking and the low speed after cooking.
The motors in such kitchen appliances run on motors and they are bound to make noise. However, you can choose the kitchen chimney that makes minimum noise. Cooking can be enjoyable if the environment is clean and peaceful. Chimneys that generate high noise can cause irritation and the cooking process becomes uncomfortable. Kitchen chimneys with silent kits installed in them make it possible to reduce the noise level or function in silence!
Air capture area
The air capture area is the area that chimney covers. Make sure that the kitchen chimneys are at least as wide as the cooktop and deep enough to cover the back burners. Such arrangements ensure effective air cleaning.
Cleaning a kitchen chimney can be tedious. So, if you are one of those who hates cleaning, better go for auto clean chimneys! Also, make sure that you purchase a chimney with a configuration that allows you to clean it yourself, and not have to call the technician every time.
As customers, you tend to wish for a long warranty period to be on the safer side. The majority of the chimneys offer around 1 to 2 years of warranty on the product and an additional 5-10 year warranty on the rotor. It is recommended to purchase a trusted and popular kitchen chimney brands that work smoothly. However, for unfortunate reasons, your chimney may have a problem in functioning and a warranty helps get a free repair.
Best Kitchen Chimney Brand in India
It is not a misconception that branded things ensures quality and durability. You’d like to know some popular names in the industry for kitchen chimneys? Have a look at the top kitchen chimney brands in India:
Miscellaneous features in the chimney
- LED Light Indicator – Notification for an issue in the working of the appliance
- Buzzer – Alarm to inform immediate cleaning or replacement
- Push Buttons – Available in 2-3-4 speed levels usually and helpful at night or in dark
- Detachable Oil Collector – For improved performance of the filters
- Auto-Heat Sensor – Detect heat and switch to on/off mode
- Auto-Clean Function – Stops working to clean the chimney
Now that you know all the factors to keep in mind while making a purchase for a kitchen chimney as well as have the list of the best kitchen chimneys in India in 2021, we are sure you’ll be enjoying a fresh and clean kitchen very soon. Before you leave Aboe check other reviews and buying guides about Best microwave ovens and Top Dishwashers for your kitchen.